plan to share about 10000 NGOs / NPOs.
1) These are shared issuewise and within the issue page, we share
the NGO / NPO countrywise so that we help you save time.
2) In each issue, we share India first and then all countries in
english alphabetical order.
3) If an NGO works on 5 issues, we share them in 5 issue pages and
within the issue page, mention them countrywise.
4) We are just mentioning their name and link it to their website
so that one can contact you directly (We are integrators of information
and get invaluable satisfaction as return gift)
We know there
are millions of NGOs/ NPOs in different countries addressing challenges
on various issues.
These 10 000 NGOs are just samples.
They can be inspiring examples on any of the following.
1) How to do programmes
2) How to approach funding agencies
3) How to approach companies for employee volunteering or Pay roll
4) How to approach media for getting visibilityfor the good work
that you are doing
One can visit
the NGO in the field of its programmes (e.g. if an NGO working for
children, can visit children page which shares NGOs across the world
and see what they can learn from these NGOs or how the programmes
of the visitor are better than some of the NGOs mentioned.
Please note that we are taking examples from reputed funding agencies
or reputed corporates or agencies which raise funds for NGOs and
visiting the website of the NGO and seeing its funding can easily
give information about the organisations which are funding the NGOs.
By 28.8.2019, we will have 1000 NGOs and will add more NGOs linked
to their websites when someone supports our research financially.
But we will internally go on doing global research, so we will have
the research done though the names are not shared.
None of the
10 000 NGOs selected by editorial will have to pay any amount for
sharing in the Knowledge Bank folder.
if NGOs want more attention ?
These 10 000
NGOs are shared on issue pages. But it is quite possible that one
of these 10 000 NGOs or other NGOs not shared by us, would like
to share their name on top of every page of this Knowledge Bank
of NGOs folder.
We can do that
for a promotion fee of Rs
11800/- or USD 200/- for the period which starts now to 31st March
2021 (Fees include 18% GST in India and admin fees we have to pay
bank in case of payments from countries other than India).
We will share the NGOs in English alphabetical order and next to
them will be country of its headquarters.
How editorial selects 10 000 NGOs
NGO must be at least 5 years old (If we realise that we have shared
an NGO which is less than 5 years in operation, we will remove the
name because our condition is NGOs must be at least working for
last 5 years)
- NGOs are started by Ashoka Fellows (We will not take any NGO which
has Anti government programmes or which starts anti government initiatives
- by anti government we mean against the government of that country)
- NGOs financially supported by well known foundations, funding
agencies, by people who donate substantially and some 100 corporates.
example of how we share the NGO
Their name is shared issuewise and since they are headquartered
in our global example country India, we share them under the heading
India. See following pages
country, education, health,
organ transplantation (Organ
donation), peace of mind, rural
development, sanitation, skill
which will be shared in this folder
started by ASHOKA Fellows
2) NGOs financially supported by Gates Foundation
3) NGOs started by individuals or families who have taken Giving
In some cases,
NGOs are named as foundations, we will talk to them or whatapp them
or send a mail to find out whether they are NGO or funding agency.
e.g. We talked to Dr Huzaifa Khorakiwala asking him whether Wockhardt
Foundation is registered as an NGO or is a funding agency or is
not registered and is a CSR arm of Wockhardt. When he said NGO,
we said we will share it because we have personally seen good work
they do in ambulance services.
We also plan
1) What is the Identity of sector ?
2) What is the Role of the sector ?
3) What are the Responsibilities of the sector ?
4) What are various Questions asked about the sector ?