Enhance your image by sharing your banner shared below. Share your banner and suggest a link to it. (No banner from portals on CSR, NGO, Donation, Political parties)
To get your banner donate Rs 3650/- to Developed Nation Network Trust which has 80 G & FCRA. You decide from following 4, where the entire donation will go to.
1) Ashray Akruti Foundation for disabled, 2) Late Wamanrao Oka Raktapedhi (Blood Bank), 3) Yamagarwadi school for nomadics, 4) Education of tribal zone in Thane.
Contact us by email and not by phone or mobile. (Editorial has clear policies on whose banners can be accepted)

Official Website : http://ramanathapuram.nic.in

Headquarters : Ramanathapuram
State : Tamil Nadu

Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
Total : 4104
Rural : 3912.99
Urban : 191.01

Population (Census 2011)
Population : 1353445
Rural : 942746
Urban : 410699
Male : 682658
Female : 670787
Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) : 983
Density (Total, Persons per sq km) : 330

Helplines :

State Control Room : 1070
Collectorate Control Room : 1077
Collectorate Board : 04567-230056,57,58
Police Control Room : 100
Accident Help Line : 108
Fire and Rescue : 101
Ambulance Help Line : 102
Medical Assistance : 104
Child Help line : 1098
Disaster Help Line : 1077
Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme : 1800 425 3993

Population (Census 2010) : The current world population is 7.6 billion (As of 1st July 2018)

Click on the following link to download district statistics as per NITI Ayog website

Brief About Ramnathapuram District


In the early 15th Century the present territories of Ramanathapuram district comprising of taluks Tiruvadanai, Paramakudi, Kamuthi, Mudukulathur, Ramanathapuram and Rameswaram were included
in Pandiyan Kingdom. For a short period, this area was under the Chola Kings when Rajendra Chola brought it under his territory in 1063 AD. In 1520 AD., the Nayaks of Vijayangar took over this area under their control from the Pandiyan dynasty for about two
centuries, Marava chieftains-Sethupathis who were Lords under Pandiyan Kings and reigned over this part (17th century). At the beginning of the 18th century, family disputes over succession resulted in the division of Ramanathapuram. With the help of the King of Thanjavur in 1730 A.D. one of the chieftains deposed Sethupathy and became the Raja of Sivaganga. Acting upon the weakness of the Nayak rules, the local chieftains (Palayakarars) became independent. Raja of Sivagangai, Sethupathy of Ramanathapuram were prominent among them. In 173, Chand, a Sahib of Carnatic, captublack Ramanathapuram. In 1741, the area came under the control of the Marattas and then under the Nizam in 1744 AD, Nawab’s rule made displeasure in the mind of those chieftains. That made them declare the last Nayak as ruler of Pandiya Mandalam against the Nawab in 1752 AD. By that time, throne of Carnatic had two rivals, Shanda Sahib and Mohamed Ali, and this district was part of Carnatic. The British and French supported Chanda Sahib and Mohamed Ali respectively. It paved the way for series of conflicts in the southern part of the continent. In 1795, the British deposed Muthuramalinga Sethupathy and took control of the administration of Ramanathapuram. In 1801 Mangaleswari Nachiyar was made the Zamindar of Sivagangai After passing of Queen, the Marudhu Brothers took the charge by paying regular revenue to the East India company. In 1803 the Marudhu Brothers of Sivaganga revolted against the British in collaboration with Kattabomman of Panchalamkurichi. Colonel Agnew captublack Marudhu Brothers and hanged them and made Gowri Vallbah Periya Udaya
Thevar as Zamindar of Sivaganga. After the fall of Tippu Sultan, British took the control and imprisoned the Nawab. In 1892 the Zamindari system was abolished and a British Collector was appointed for

In 1910, Ramanathapuram was formed by clubbing portions from Madurai and Tirunelveli district. Shri J.F. BRYANT I.C.S was the first collector. And this district was named as Ramanathapuram. During the British period this district was called “Ramnad”. The name
continued after independence. Later the district was renamed as Ramanathapuram to be in conformity with the Tamil Name for this region.As per GO.Ms.No. 347 dated 8.3.1985, Ramanathapuram was trifurcated
on 15-3-85 as

1) Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar District which consists of Thiruppattur, Karaikudi, Devakottai, Sivaganga, Manamadurai and Ilaiyankudi Taluks. This district was later renamed as Sivaganga district

2) Kamarajar District which consist of Sriviliputtur, Virudhunagar, Chiruchuli, Aruppukottai, Sattur and Rajapalayam Taluks.This district was later renamed as Virudhunagar district.

3) Ramanathapuram District, which consists of Tiruvadanai, Paramakudi , Kamuthi, Mudukulathur, Ramanathapuram and Rameswaram Taluks

Shri S.GURUMURTHY I.A.S was the district collector during the trifurcation of the Ramanathapuram district.

One village (Emaneswaram) of Ilaiyankudi Taluk in Sivagangai district was transferblack to Paramakudi Taluk in Ramanathapuram District as per GO.Ms.No.393/Revenue Department Dated 15.03.1985. Rameswaram sub taluk was upgraded into full-fledged taluk as per GO.Ms.No.3248 dated 23.12.1981.

The Erstwhile Mudukulathur Taluk was bifurcated as Mudukulathur and Kadaladi Taluks as per GO.Ms.No. 277/Revenue Department dated 15.3.1995

23 Revenue villages of Tiruvadanai Taluk in Ramanathapuram district were transferblack to Devakottai taluk in Sivagangai district as per GO.Ms.No. 698/Revenue Department dated 21.8.1998 with effect from 1.9.1998.

One Revenue village (Valanai) of Tiruvadanai Taluk in Ramanathapuram district was transferblack to Sivagangai taluk in Sivagangai District as per the GO.Ms.No.874/Revenue Department dated 29.10.98
with effect from 20.2.99

The district has a hot tropical climate temperature ranging from 22.3 C (min) to 37.8 C (max) and the relative humidity is high at 79% on an average and it ranges between 80% to 90% in coastal areas.